Brown Sugar Brined Chicken
4 cup(s), cold
Packed light brown sugar
Raw skinless boneless light and dark meat
1¾ pound(s), (1 whole cut-up chicken, about 3 1/2-pounds)
1 small, thinly sliced
4 clove(s), medium, chopped
2 tsp(s), whole
- Combine water, brown sugar, and salt in large bowl; whisk until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Place chicken, onion, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns in large heavy-duty zip-close plastic bag. Add water mixture. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Place bag inside large bowl. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 12 hours. Remove chicken from brining solution and pat dry. Discard brining solution.
- Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat.
- Place chicken in pan and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 30–35 minutes. Remove skin before eating.
- Serving size: 1/6 of chicken