1 spray(s), (5 one-second sprays per serving), nonstick
Shelled pistachio nuts
¾ oz, finely chopped
6 tsp(s), such as Splenda
½ cup(s), melted
½ cup(s), such as Splenda
Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp(s), rose-flavoured
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Coat a 13 X 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine nuts, 6 teaspoons of sugar substitute and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Place 3 phyllo sheets in bottom of baking pan, brush with 1/3 of margarine and sprinkle about 3/4 cup of nut mixture evenly on top. Repeat with 3 more sheets of phyllo dough, 1/3 of margarine and remaining nut mixture. Top with remaining 3 sheets of phyllo and brush with remaining margarine. (Note: Make sure to cover unused phyllo dough with plastic wrap in between use to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut baklava into 24 small squares. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Place on wire rack to cool.
- While baklava is cooking, place 1 cup of water and remaining sugar substitute in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly syrupy, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, rose water and honey. Cool completely.
- Drizzle rose water syrup evenly over cooled baklava and allow to soak for several hours before serving.