Baja-Style Fish Tacos with Salad and Chili-Lime Sauce
Yellow masa corn flour
Uncooked snapper fillet(s)
1 pound(s), red-variety, cut into 2-inch pieces
8 medium, buy a few extra in case some break
1 head(s), outer leaves removed and remaining leaves sliced into 1/4-inch strips
5 medium, red-variety, thinly sliced
2 medium, thinly sliced
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
10 medium, quartered
Shredded red cabbage
Plain lowfat yogurt
Fresh lime juice
Canned chipotle pepper(s)
1 tsp(s), in adobo sauce, finely chopped
2 tbsp(s), fresh sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (or nonstick aluminum foil) and coat with cooking spray (helps to make fish crispy).
- Place corn flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl; mix to combine. Add snapper to corn flour mixture and toss to coat
- Place seasoned fish on prepared baking sheet and lightly coat tops of fish with cooking spray. Broil until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven to warm; place on rack furthest from heat source.
- To make salad, combine lettuce, radishes, scallions, tomatoes and cabbage in a medium bowl; set aside.
- To make sauce, combine yogurt, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a blender; blend until smooth.
- To assemble, place a tortilla on a plate. Top with 2 to 3 pieces of fish, 1/2 cup of salad and 2 tablespoons of sauce; roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 2 filled tortillas per serving.