Zucchini filled with cardamom lamb
Lean lamb mince
1 clove(s), crushed
1 tsp, ground
½ tsp, sweet
Low-fat Greek yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
1 tbs, finely shredded, plus extra to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Halve zucchini lengthways. Using a small teaspoon, scoop out and discard zucchini flesh, leaving a 1cm border. Place zucchini shells on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until softened. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, cardamom and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add paste and ½ cup (125ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon mince mixture into zucchini halves. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Bake for 5 minutes or until nuts are light golden.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, shredded mint and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Drizzle zucchini with mint yoghurt and sprinkle with extra mint to serve.