Warm Greek lamb salad with mint pesto
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
2 clove(s), crushed
Lean lamb backstrap
450 g, (buy 500g), fat trimmed
1½ cup(s), (1 bunch), leaves picked
1 tbs, toasted
2 medium, cut into 3cm strips
80 g, baby
250 g, halved
Black olives, drained
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
Reduced fat feta cheese
80 g, crumbled
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine rind, oregano and half the garlic in a medium dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and set aside in fridge.
- To make pesto, process mint, juice, oil, almonds and remaining garlic in a food processor until a paste forms. Transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill over medium heat. Cook capsicum, turning, for 10 minutes until tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray lamb with oil and grill for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Combine rocket, capsicum and tomatoes on a platter. Top with lamb, olives and feta. Dollop with pesto and serve with lemon wedges.