2 medium, finely chopped
Turkey breast mince
2 slice(s), to make 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
1 medium, lightly beaten
400 g, peeled, cut into chunks
2 tsp, mixed variety
Dried chilli flakes
2 clove(s), finely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 8cm x 20cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Lightly spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onions, herbs and chilli for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions have softened—add a splash of water if they start to stick. Add garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add mince, breadcrumbs and egg to onions and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared tin, pushing mixture right into corners.
- Place tin in a deep roasting tray and pour enough just-boiled water from kettle to come halfway up sides of tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes until meatloaf starts to shrink away from sides of tin. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a baking tray and spread sauce over top and sides of meatloaf. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add pumpkin and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mash and season with salt and pepper. Slice meatloaf and serve with mash.