Sweet potato, corn and bacon quiche
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
180 g, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
90 g, (buy 100g), fat trimmed, finely chopped
2 individual, thinly sliced
Canned corn kernels, rinsed and drained
2 125g can
Reduced fat feta cheese
50 g, crumbled
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
50 g, torn
Snow pea sprouts
30 g, trimmmed
5 individual, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 small, cut into matchsticks
1 tbs, French
6 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread sweet potato over prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add shallots, cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Lightly spray a 20 cm springform round tin with oil. Lightly spray one sheet of pastry with oil and carefully lift into prepared tin, to cover base and extend up sides of tin. Repeat with remaining pastry sheets, overlapping them slightly to completely cover base and side of tin. Fold the overhanging pastry into the side of tin to form a neat pastry case.
- Fill pastry case with sweet potato, bacon mixture, corn and feta. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over filling. Bake for 50 minutes or until filling is set and pastry is golden.
- To make salad, combine lettuce, sprouts, radish and carrot in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Cut quiche into 4 pieces and serve with salad.