Sweet potato, corn and bacon quiche
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
180 g, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
90 g, (buy 100g), fat trimmed, finely chopped
2 individual, thinly sliced
Canned corn kernels in brine, rinsed, drained
2 125g can
Reduced fat feta cheese
50 g, crumbled
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
50 g, torn
30 g, trimmmed
5 individual, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 small, cut into matchsticks
1 tbs, French
6 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange sweet potato in a single layer on prepared tray. Spray with oil, bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon, cook for 3 minutes. Add shallots, cook for a further 2 minutes. Place corn on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Lightly spray a 20cm springform tin with oil and set aside. Lightly spray one sheet of pastry with oil. Place another sheet on top of it at a 90° angle and lightly spray, then the next sheet at 45° and lightly spray again. Layer remaining sheets of pastry in the same manner but in the opposite direction.
- Carefully ease pastry into prepared tin, folding the overhanging pastry into the side of the pan.
- Fill pastry shell with sweet potato, bacon, corn and feta. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl, the season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour egg mixture over filling. Bake for 50 mins or until quiche is set and golden brown.
- Combine lettuce, sprouts, radish and carrot in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Cut quiche into wedges and serve with salad.
- Cut quiche into wedges and serve with salad.