Sumac chicken skewers with pomegranate salad
skinless chicken breast
500 g, cut into 3cm pieces
½ cup(s), (90g)
3 medium, coarsely chopped
½ medium, seeds removed
20 g, (1/2 cup) leaves
¼ small, finely chopped
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
½ clove(s), crushed
- Thread chicken onto 8 metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Sprinkle with sumac.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add skewers and cook, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place rice and turmeric in a small saucepan with ¾ cup (180ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff up rice with a fork.
- Cook green beans in a small saucepan of boiling water over high heat for 2 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a medium bowl with tomato, pomegranate, chervil, onion and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Combine yoghurt, garlic and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve skewers with rice, salad and yoghurt sauce.