Steamed spinach, pork and sweet corn dumplings
Baby spinach leaves
3 cup(s), (60g)
Raw pork mince
175 g, (lean)
½ cup(s), (80g)
70 g, shredded
2 tsp, finely grated
Reduced salt soy sauce
1 tbs, (2tsp), plus extra to serve
24 individual, (220g)
- Add enough water to a saucepan or wok so the level is just under the steamer basket and bring to a gentle simmer (see note).
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds. Drain well. Cool. Using hands, squeeze out excess water. Finely chop.
- Place mince, spinach, corn, snow peas, ginger, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Place wrappers on a clean work surface and cover with a damp tea towel to stop them drying out. Working with 1 at a time, place 2 teaspoons mince filling in centre of each wrapper. Using a pastry brush, brush edges of wrapper with a little water. Fold in half to enclose filling. Repeat to make 24 dumplings.
- Place dumplings in a steamer basket lined with baking paper. Steam, covered, in batches, over simmering water (ensuring basket is not touching water) for 6–7 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with extra soy.