Spiced salmon and rice salad
Uncle Ben's Express Rice Rice, Brown and Wild, Microwaveable
480 g, (4 x 120g)
1 medium, telegraph variety, halved lengthways, deseeded, cut into chunks
Fresh lemon rind
2 tbs, plus wedges to serve
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
Ground cayenne pepper
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook rice following packet instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Combine paprika, cayenne and cumin in a small bowl. Place salmon on a baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Sprinkle with spice mix. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish is cooked through and starts to flake.
- Leave to cool, then refrigerate for 10 minutes before flaking into chunks. Toss cucumber with half the lemon juice in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stand for 10 minutes, then drain and return to bowl.
- Whisk remaining lemon juice, rind and yoghurt in a small bowl.
- Add rice and salmon to cucumber and gently toss. Drizzle with dressing to serve.