Smoky barbecued chicken with grilled corn and chipotle yoghurt
630 g, (Buy 1.4kg)
2 tsp, finely grated
2 bunch(es), (2 x 55g)
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
1 medium, wedges, to serve
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Using kitchen scissors, cut along each side of chicken backbone. Discard. Place chicken on a board, skin-side up. Using the heel of your hand, press firmly on the breastbone to flatten chicken. Trim excess fat around the neck and legs.
- Combine cumin, paprika, rind and 1⁄2 tsp sea salt. Rub over skin and under wings to coat.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill over medium heat. Cook chicken, skin-side down, for 25 minutes or until browned. Transfer, skin-side up, to a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray corn and asparagus with oil. Cook corn on chargrill for 8 minutes, turning, or until golden and tender. Cook asparagus for 1-2 minutes each side until just tender.
- Combine yoghurt, chipotle and lime juice in a bowl. Serve chicken with vegetables, yoghurt and lime wedges.