Savoury bread pudding with prosciutto
2 medium, thinly sliced
Prosciutto fat trimmed
100 g, cut into 1cm pieces
2 clove(s), crushed
8 slice(s), cut in half diagonally
Grated parmesan cheese
Extra light cheddar cheese
40 g, grated
2 cup(s), (500ml)
Whole grain mustard
250 g, halved
1 medium, thinly sliced
6 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Spray a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add prosciutto and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until prosciutto is golden.
- Place half the bread, slightly overlapping, in the base of prepared dish. Top with half the onion mixture and sprinkle with half the combined parmesan and tasty cheese. Repeat with remaining bread, onion mixture and combined cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk and mustard in a large jug. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Carefully pour egg mixture over layers in dish and set aside for 10 minutes. Bake pudding for 25–30 minutes or until golden and firm to touch.
- Combine rocket, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl. Serve pudding in wedges with salad.