Sarah's strawberries 'n' cream cake
250 g, chopped
6 individual, roughly chopped
3 medium, coarsely chopped
97% fat-free cottage cheese
½ cup(s), (125g)
2 cup(s), (180g)
light cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm cake tin with oil and line with baking paper. Add ½ cup strawberries, sugar and 1 tablespoon water to a small saucepan, cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or until the strawberries are broken down, mash with a fork, set aside to cool.
- Combine dates and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute. Mash dates with a fork.
- Add bananas, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, cottage cheese and date mixture, and process until smooth. Fold through oats and remaining fresh strawberries to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface with back of a spoon.
- Place cream cheese and cooked strawberry mixture in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Spread evenly over cake mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.