Sarah’s apple berry crumble slice
100 g, pitted, chopped
dry rolled oats
1¾ cup(s), (155g)
shredded or desiccated coconut
½ cup(s), (40g)
reduced fat oil spread
canned apple slices
1 can(s), (1 x 400g can), pie variety
½ cup(s), (115g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 19cm (base measurement) square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing paper to extend 3cm above edges of tin.
- Place dates and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 1 minute or until softened.
- Process 1 ½ cups oats, ¼ cup coconut, egg and dates in a food processor until well combined and mixture comes together. Press mixture over base of prepared tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oats, remaining coconut, 2 tablespoons flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Using your fingertips, rub spread into flour mixture until crumble resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Combine apple, raspberries and extra flour in a medium bowl. Spoon apple mixture over base in tin and sprinkle with crumble mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until crumble is golden. Set aside in tin to cool for 10 minutes before removing and cutting into squares. Serve warm.