Pear and lime cheesecake
2 medium, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
Low-fat ricotta cheese
250 g, smooth variety
Reduced fat oil spread
¼ tsp, (pinch)
4 individual, Marie variety
½ tsp, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 14cm (base measurement) round cake tin with oil. Line base with baking paper. Place pears and lime juice in a medium bowl and gently toss to coat.
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Beat in ricotta and vanilla until combined.
- Melt oil spread in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook pears, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle pears with ginger and place in a sieve above a bowl to catch syrup. Stir ¼ cup (60ml) syrup into egg mixture.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until crumbs.
- Spread biscuit crumbs over base of prepared tin. Arrange pear slices over crumb layer. Pour egg mixture over pears and smooth top with a spatula. Place tin in a large baking dish and pour boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up sides of tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Cover tin with foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until almost set in the centre. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven, with door ajar, for 1 hour or until cooled. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours or overnight. Serve sprinkled with rind.