Modern margherita pizza
⅔ cup(s), (100g)
⅓ cup(s), (55g)
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
½ cup(s), (120g), crumbled
1 tbs, chopped, plus extra to serve
2 tbs, chopped, plus extra to serve
Grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
2 medium, roma, sliced
50 g, baby variety, drained, torn
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine flour, polenta and pinch of salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add yeast and sugar. Pour in half the oil and ½ cup (125ml) warm water and mix with a flat-bladed knife until dough sticks together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Lightly spray a clean bowl with oil. Place dough in bowl and set aside, covered with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel, in a warm place for 30–40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 36cm x 26cm baking tray with oil and dust with a little polenta or flour. Combine ricotta, chopped basil, chopped chives and 2 tablespoons parmesan in a bowl.
- Punch dough down with a fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 30 seconds or until smooth. Roll dough into a long rectangle large enough to fit prepared tray. Lift onto prepared tray, pressing to the edges.
- Spread ricotta mixture over dough. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 15–20 minutes or until base is golden and crisp.
- Top pizza with tomatoes and bocconcini. Whisk vinegar and remaining oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over pizza to serve.