- 130 g Barley, rolled flakes, (1 cup)
- 1 cup(s) dry rolled oats, (90g)
- 80 g quinoa flakes, (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup(s) pecans, (40g) chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) pepitas, (50g)
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, (35g)
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs olive oil, light
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/3 cup(s) desiccated coconut, (25g) or shredded coconut
- 50 g Seeds, chia, (1/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Combine barley, oats, quinoa, pecans, pepitas, sunflower and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Whisk maple syrup, oil and vanilla in a jug until combined. Pour syrup mixture over barley mixture and toss to coat.
Spread mixture over a large baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring well every 5 minutes. Add coconut for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Remove granola from oven and stir in chia. Set aside to cool completely. Serve granola in ¼ cup portions.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Fresh seasonal fruit, plus 99% fat-free Greek yoghurt and/or skim milk.TIP: Store granola in an airtight container for up to 1 month.