Tray bakes are terrific! Cooking the ingredients all together means the flavours infuse, giving you a super flavoursome meal with only one tray to wash up.
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp Paprika, smoked
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 612 g skinless chicken thigh, (Buy 4x170g)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 can(s) canned red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 individual fresh corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 clove(s) fresh garlic, unpeeled
- 250 g cherry tomato, truss
- 1 medium fresh lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh coriander
Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Place a large baking tray in the oven.
Combine cumin, ground coriander, paprika and oregano on a shallow plate. Season with salt and pepper. Brush chicken with half the oil and coat in half the spice mix. Set aside. Combine capsicums, beans, corn, onion, garlic and remaining oil and spice mix in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
Spread vegetables over hot oven tray and nestle chicken in between. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss vegetables, turn chicken and place tomatoes on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Serve with lime wedges and fresh coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: No-fat Greek-style yoghurt and a corn tortilla. TIP: You can add dried chilli flakes to the spice mix if you like it a bit spicier.