Lentil and cashew burger
⅓ cup(s), unsalted, (50g)
1 clove(s), crushed
1 medium, grated
Lentils, canned, rinsed, drained
1 400g can, (1 x 400g can)
Rolled oats, dry
½ cup(s), (45g)
Plain wholemeal flour
Multigrain bread roll
4 medium, (4 x 50g rolls)
1 medium, cut into ribbons
Roasted capsicum, not in oil
170 g, (4 slices), cut into strips
Low fat tzatziki
⅓ cup(s), (90g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Spread cashews on a baking tray and bake for 3–4 minutes or until toasted. Finely chop.
- Heat half the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place lentils in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Place lentils, onion mixture, toasted cashews, oats and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Using hands, mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Place flour on a plate. Coat patties in flour, shaking off excess. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Toast roll halves. Top roll bases with cucumber, capsicum, patties and tzatziki. Serve with roll tops.