Skinless chicken breast
450 g, (buy 500g), fat trimmed
Reduced salt soy sauce
10 ml, (2 tsp)
Sake or Japanese rice wine
30 ml, (11/2 tbs), chinese rice wine
Chinese five spice
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin fillets.
- Whisk egg white, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons wine in a medium bowl until frothy. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Combine cornflour and five spice in a large snap-lock bag. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding excess. Place chicken fillets in cornflour mixture. Seal bag and shake well to coat. Transfer to prepared tray. Lightly spray both sides of chicken with oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place juice, rind, stock, honey and remaining rice wine in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Combine extra cornflour and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl. Add cornflour mixture to sauce and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Boil, steam or microwave snow peas and bok choy until just tender. Drain. Cut chicken into thick slices. Drizzle with sauce and serve with snow peas and bok choy.