Lamb rack with zucchini fries and mint salsa
55 g, (1 cup)
Grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
French trimmed lamb cutlet(s) or rack(s)
600 g, (buy 8 individual, 750g)
⅔ cup(s), finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
½ whole, finely chopped
Red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Cut zucchini into 8cm x 1.5cm batons, discarding centre section with seeds.
- Add zucchini to egg and toss to coat. Working in batches, transfer a large handful of zucchini, draining off excess egg, to breadcrumb mixture. Toss to coat. Spread, in a single layer (without touching), on prepared baking trays. Repeat to coat all zucchini.
- Brush lamb with remaining egg and press remaining breadcrumb mixture over meat to cover. Place lamb in a small baking dish and bake for 5 minutes. Add trays with zucchini and bake for 20 minutes. Check lamb is cooked to your liking and transfer to a plate. Cover lamb loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Continue baking zucchini for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped mint, eschalot, oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Carve lamb into cutlets and serve with zucchini fries, mint salsa and extra mint.