Poached fruit crumble
Apple juice no added sugar
2 medium, peeled, cored, cut into chunky wedges
3 medium, peeled, cored, cut into chunky wedges
4 large, stones removed, cut into quarters
4 medium, quartered
Dry rolled oats
⅓ cup(s), (30g)
Reduced fat oil spread
99% fat-free plain natural yoghurt
- Combine apple juice, cinnamon stick and star anise in a large saucepan over low heat and bring to the boil.
- Add apples, pears and plums. Simmer for 20 minutes or until fruit is tender, adding blackberries and figs for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove fruit from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl. Continue cooking liquid until it reduces to a sticky syrup. Discard cinnamon stick and star anise and pour syrup over fruit.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine oats, sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in spread until coarse crumbs form.
- Spoon poached fruit into a 20cm x 22cm baking dish. Sprinkle over crumble mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve with yoghurt.