SmartPoints® value per serving
This tasty Greek classic is great with eggplant.
400 g, desiree
2 small, trimmed, thinly sliced horizontally
Whole tomato canned in tomato juice
400 g, diced and peeled
Reduced-fat 15% cheddar cheese
30 g, grated
Reduced fat oil spread
- Wash potatoes and prick 3 times on each side with a skewer. Microwave on HIGH/100% for 4 minutes or until just tender. Cool and slice thinly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Put eggplant slices onto prepared trays. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange half the eggplant slices in a single layer over the base of a lasagne dish, overlapping slightly. Top with one sliced potato. Spoon over half the tomatoes and a tablespoon of the grated tasty cheese. Repeat with remaining eggplant, potato, tomatoes and cheese.
- To make white sauce, melt spread in a small saucepan. Sprinkle flour over melted spread and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Slowly stir in the milk. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Spoon white sauce over top of moussaka, spreading evenly. Sprinkle over remaining grated cheese and parmesan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.