- 2 medium egg white
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sweetened skim condensed milk, (400g) can
- 1/2 tsp natural essence, coconut
- 1 medium fresh lime, juiced plus rind finely grated
- 240 g low-fat natural yoghurt, (250ml)
- 3 medium mango, cut into 1cm cubes
Lightly spray a 4-cup (1 litre) capacity loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper.
Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside. Whisk the condensed milk in a separate bowl for 2 minutes until lighter in texture. Fold through the coconut essence, rind and yogurt. Fold in the egg whites. Pour into prepared tin and freeze for 3–4 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, turn ice-cream out of tin and remove baking paper. Cut into 8 slices. Toss the diced mango in the lime juice and serve with coconut ice-cream. Alternatively, serve the ice-cream in scoops.
- Quick ice-cream variation: Fold ½ tsp of coconut essence and the finely grated rind of one lime through 1 litre of low-fat vanilla ice-cream.