Christmas present cake pops
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Make fruitcake even more enjoyable by dipping in melted chocolate and decorating!
Un-iced light fruit cake
- Line a tray with baking paper. Use a large serrated knife to trim the edges of the cake. Cut cake into 2.5cm cubes (approximately 50 cubes). Place on lined tray. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill and firm.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let water touch base of bowl). Stir chocolate with a metal spoon for 5 minutes or until melted. Remove pan from heat but set aside to reheat chocolate if needed. Transfer chocolate into a tall drinking glass.
- Dip the end of a lollypop stick into the chocolate then insert into a cake cube. Return to the tray. Repeat with remaining cubes to make 50 cake pops.
- Dip one cake pop into melted chocolate, turning to coat. Gently tap on the side of glass to remove excess. Insert cake pop into a piece of polystyrene to stand upright. Repeat with remaining cake and chocolate. Set aside for 30 minutes until chocolate is set. If chocolate in jar cools and thickens, pop glass into reserved hot water and stand for 20 seconds or until chocolate becomes runny again.
- Use red writing gels to decorate each cake pop to resemble a wrapped present.