Chocolate pavlova with berries
1 cup(s), (220g)
vanilla bean extract
2 tsp, (white)
light thickened cream
1 cup(s), (250ml)
low fat chocolate mousse
248 g, (4x62g tubs)
250 g, chopped
1 tsp, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Draw a 22cm circle on each sheet of paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar has dissolved (see note). Gently fold in vanilla and cornflour. Place cocoa in a small bowl. Add vinegar and 2 teaspoons water and stir until smooth. Fold cocoa mixture into meringue mixture in 2 batches.
- Divide meringue mixture among prepared circles and spread evenly. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until crisp. Cool on trays.
- Meanwhile, gently whisk cream and chocolate mousse in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Place 1 meringue on a serving plate and spread with half the mousse mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the strawberries. Repeat with remaining meringues, mousse mixture and strawberries to make 3 layers, finishing with strawberries on top. Sprinkle with raspberries and serve dusted with icing sugar.