Chocolate loaf with coffee glaze
Reduced fat oil spread
190 g, dark variety
Vanilla bean paste
1½ cup(s), (225g)
Bicarbonate of soda
3 tsp, strong brewed coffee
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 9cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf tin with oil. Line base and 2 long sides with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat spread and 160g agave syrup in a large bowl until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, until just combined. Stir in vanilla bean paste.
- Sift flour, 30g cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into bowl. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture. Fold in milk.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (see tips). Set loaf aside in tin for 10-15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine remaining cocoa powder and remaining agave syrup in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in coffee. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Serve.