Chicken schnitzel with salsa verde
- Total Time
Who can resist the crunch of a crispy chicken schnitzel? The Philips Airfryer delivers tender chicken fillets with that much loved crunch. Topped with a flavour packed vibrant salsa verde, this dish will be loved by all!
plain flour35 g, (35g)
Egg, chicken, whole, raw1 medium
Breadcrumbs, panko65 g, (1 cup)
MasterFoods, Onion Powder½ tsp
olive oil1 ½ tbs
Chicken, lean breast, skinless, raw540 g, (4 x 150g fillets)
fresh flat-leaf parsley1 cup(s), (bunch)
fresh basil1 cup(s), (bunch)
pickled gherkin, drained80 g, ( 4 individual)
baby capers, rinsed, drained1 tbs
white wine vinegar1 tsp
dijon mustard1 tbs
green beans300 g, trimmed, halved
cherry tomato500 g, halved
- Place flour on a plate. Whisk egg and 2 tsp water in a shallow plate. Combine breadcrumbs, onion powder and 1 tbs oil in a third shallow plate. Season.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin until an even thickness of 1.5cm. Working with 1 piece at a time, coat with flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg and finally coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat Airfryer to 200°C. Place 2 chicken pieces in Airfryer basket, taking care to allow a small gap between them. Place grill attachment over chicken and place remaining pieces chicken on grill. Slide basket into Airfryer. Set timer to 12 minutes. Remove from Airfryer
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, process parsley, basil, gherkins, capers, vinegar, mustard and 2 tbs water, stopping several times to scrape down side of bowl, until a rough paste forms. Season.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beans for 1 minute or until lightly charred. Season. Add tomatoes. Carefully add ¼ cup (60ml) water, standing back to avoid steam. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until tomatoes soften slightly.
- Serve chicken schnitzel with beans and tomatoes and dollop over salsa verde.