Chicken satay skewers with gado gado salad
skinless chicken breast
400 g, cut into 3cm pieces
1 clove(s), crushed
2 tbs, sweet soy sauce
reduced-fat evaporated milk
200 ml, coconut flavoured
light peanut butter
2 tbs, crunchy variety
sweet chilli sauce
8 small, chat variety
2 medium, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
200 g, halved
- Combine chicken, garlic and half the kecap manis in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1–2 hours. Thread onto 8 wooden skewers (see note).
- Meanwhile, place evaporated milk, peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and remaining kecap manis in a small saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2–3 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add potatoes and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon. Return water to the boil. Add eggs and cook for 9 minutes for hard boiled. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon. Add carrots and beans to water and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Cut potatoes in half. Peel eggs and cut into quarters. Place potato, egg, carrot, beans and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium heat. Cook skewers for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve chicken skewers and salad drizzled with sauce.