Chicken filo pie
10 g, porcini variety, (see tips)
Chicken stock cube
1 individual, (to make 400ml hot chicken stock)
Swiss brown mushrooms
250 g, sliced
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), thinly sliced
Raw skinless chicken breast
500 g, cut into 2cm pieces
Light sour cream
3 sheet(s), fresh
Reduced fat oil spread
3 tsp, melted
- Place wild mushrooms in a small heatproof bowl and cover with stock. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook Swiss brown mushrooms, stirring, for 5-10 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Slowly add wild mushrooms and stock, stirring continuously to prevent lumps. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in sour cream and Swiss brown mushrooms. Transfer mixture to a 1.5 litre (6-cup) capacity pie dish and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush filo sheets with spread. Scrunch each sheet and lay on top of pie filling. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is bubbling and pastry is crisp and golden. Serve.