Chicken on creamed corn with tomato salsa
frozen corn kernels
2 cup(s), (300g)
light thickened cream
skinless chicken breast
720 g, (buy 4 x 200g fillets) fat trimmed
2 large, (roma) coarsely chopped
¼ medium, thinly sliced
1 small, quartered
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high.
- Place the corn in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water and return to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain, then transfer to a heatproof jug. Add the cream. Using a stick blender, blend the corn mixture until a coarse puree forms. Season. Cover to keep warm.
- Split the chicken in half horizontally. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly spray the chicken with oil. Chargrill in 2 batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the tomato, onion and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season.
- Divide the creamed corn between serving plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle with any juices collected on the plate. Add the watercress to the salsa and toss to combine. Serve over chicken with the avocado.