Chargrilled vegetable lasagne
- Total Time
A family favourite packed with vegies. It's a winner!
red capsicum3 large
pumpkin1500 g, (1.5kg) kent variety, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
eggplant1 medium, thinly sliced widthways
zucchini2 medium, thinly sliced lengthways
reduced-fat ricotta cheese1 ½ cup(s), (300g)
garlic1 clove(s), crushed
fresh basil¾ cup(s), chopped
canned diced tomatoes400 g
dry lasagne sheet150 g, (9 sheets)
extra light cheddar cheese1 cup(s), grated
tomato(es)3 medium, thinly sliced
oil spray2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Place capsicums in a large baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until the skin is charred and capsicums are tender. Cover dish and set aside to cool. Peel and discard capsicum skin. Cut capsicums in half and remove seeds.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Mash until smooth and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill over medium-high heat. Lightly spray eggplant and zucchini with oil. Cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until tender and slightly charred.
- Combine ricotta, garlic and basil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 2.25L (9-cup) capacity rectangular baking dish with oil. Spread ½ cup (125ml) canned tomato over base of prepared dish. Top with 3 lasagne sheets, breaking to fit. Spread with one-third of the remaining canned tomato and one-third of the pumpkin. Top with capsicum and 3 lasagne sheets. Press down gently. Spread with half the remaining canned tomato and pumpkin. Top with eggplant, overlapping slices slightly. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, canned tomato and pumpkin. Top with zucchini, overlapping slices slightly. Spread ricotta mixture over zucchini. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese and top with sliced tomato, overlapping slices slightly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden and pasta is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes before serving.