Cauliflower and white bean soup with parsley pesto
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Vegetable stock, liquid, salt-reduced
4 cup(s), (1L)
canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), (1 x 400g can)
fresh flat-leaf parsley
grated parmesan cheese
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds. Stir in stock.
- Remove a few large florets from cauliflower. Cut 8 thick slices from florets and set aside. Chop remaining cauliflower and add to pan with beans. Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook, partially covered, for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, line a small baking tray with baking paper. Arrange cauliflower slices on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Add walnuts to tray for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cool walnuts. Process walnuts, parsley, parmesan, oil, juice and remaining garlic in a food processor until pesto is well combined. Thin with a little water if preferred.
- Top soup with pesto and roasted cauliflower. Season with pepper to serve.