1 cup(s), (150g)
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
Shredded or desiccated coconut
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
2 medium, seperated
Sweetened skim condensed milk
1¼ cup(s), (400g can)
Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 17cm x 25cm slice tin with oil and then line with baking paper.
- Put apricots in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add flour, cocoa, coconut and sugar and then pulse until combined.
- Set egg yolks aside. Place egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Fold apricot mixture into egg white. Press mixture evenly into the base of your prepared tin and then smooth the surface. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly for 6–7 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and becomes golden. Cool for 2 minutes and stir in egg yolks.
- Spread caramel mixture evenly over base. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or following packet instructions. Pour melted chocolate over caramel mixture and smooth with a palette knife. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Using a hot sharp knife, cut into 18 pieces and serve.