1 cup(s), (150g)
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
Shredded or desiccated coconut
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
2 medium, seperated
Sweetened skim condensed milk
1¼ cup(s), (400g can)
Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 17 cm x 25 cm slice tin with oil and line with baking paper.
- Process apricots in a food processor until finely chopped. Add flour, cocoa, coconut and sugar and pulse until combined.
- Set egg yolks aside. Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in apricot mixture. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared tin. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6–7 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and becomes light golden. Cool for 2 minutes and stir in egg yolks.
- Spread caramel mixture evenly over base. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly, then refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or following packet instructions. Pour melted chocolate over caramel mixture and smooth with a palette knife. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Using a hot sharp knife, cut into 18 pieces and serve.