Black bean, spicy avocado and shredded vegetable Buddha bowl
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 3 individual Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 480 g Black beans, canned, drained, (2x400g cans)
- 2 cup(s) Cabbage, red, raw, (¼ small cabbage) thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrot(s), coarsely grated
- 1 medium Red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) Snowpea sprouts
- 1/3 cup(s) 99% fat-free plain yoghurt, (80g)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh coriander, leaves
Combine avocado, shallots, juice and chilli in a medium bowl. Combine oil, cumin and black beans in another bowl. Season both with salt and pepper.
Divide black bean mixture, cabbage, carrot, capsicum and snow pea sprouts between serving bowls. Top with a dollop of avocado mixture, yoghurt and coriander leaves to serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Lime wedges, plus crusty wholegrain bread. TIPS: You can use canned red kidney beans instead of black beans. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.