- 2 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot(s), finely chopped
- 1 medium Zucchini, finely chopped
- 400 g Beef, mince, extra lean, raw
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup(s) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes, (1 x 400g can)
- 1 individual beef stock cube, crumbled
- 2 bunch(es) Broccolini
Lightly spray a deep non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and zucchini, stirring, for 5–10 minutes or until light golden.
Meanwhile, combine mince, spice mix, chopped coriander and quinoa in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll level tablespoons of beef mixture into 24 meatballs.
Add tomatoes, stock cube and 1½ cups (375ml) water to vegetables and bring to the boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25–30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broccolini until tender. Serve meatballs with broccolini and extra coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Crusty wholegrain bread. TIPS: Suitable for leftovers. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Alternatively, freeze (without broccolini) for up to 1 month. Add a little extra water when reheating if the sauce has thickened. Add it: 2 tbs finely grated parmesan cheese in Step 2. Swap it: Beef mince for lean turkey breast or lean chicken breast mince.