Beef and lentil lasagne
500 g, extra lean
Tomato pasta sauce
Canned tomato crushed with herbs
Lentils, canned, rinsed, drained
1 400g can, (1 x 400g can)
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
Fresh lasagne sheets
4 individual, (200g)
Grated parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), (40g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 24cm x 20cm (2L/8-cup capacity) ovenproof dish with oil.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 3–5 minutes or until browned. Add the pasta sauce and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lentils.
- Meanwhile, blend ¼ cup (60ml) of the milk with cornflour in a bowl. Bring remaining milk to the boil in a small saucepan. Stir in cornflour mixture. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until sauce boils and thickens. Add mustard. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 1 lasagne sheet in the base of the prepared dish and trim to fit. Top with one-third of the beef mixture. Repeat layering with remaining lasagne sheets and beef mixture, finishing with a lasagne sheet.
- Spread the white sauce over the lasagne and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until pasta is tender and top is golden. Serve.