Basil, parmesan and bocconcini wrapped up in roasted chicken breast served with roasted pumpkin wedges.
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil, leaves, coarsley chopped
- 1 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese, (20g)
- 800 g pumpkin, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 540 g skinless chicken breast, (Buy 2 x 300g)
- 120 g bocconcini, (12 individual)
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock, (125ml)
- 1 tbs pine nuts, toasted (see tips)
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Combine basil, garlic and parmesan in a bowl.
Place pumpkin in a 22cm x 30cm baking dish. Drizzle with half the oil.
Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Working with 1 at a time, place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound gently with a rolling pin or meat mallet until 1cm thick. Top each chicken piece with one-quarter of both the basil mixture and bocconcini. Roll to enclose filling. Tie with kitchen string to secure.
Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Place chicken on pumpkin in dish. Add ¼ cup (60ml) water to frying pan and bring to the boil. Pour over chicken.
Bake for 15–20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and pumpkin is tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing chicken.
Add stock to hot baking dish and stir to heat through. Sprinkle pumpkin with pine nuts and drizzle chicken with stock mixture to serve.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed salad leaves and cherry tomatoes, drizzled with balsamic vinegar.TIPS: You can use parsley instead of basil. To toast pine nuts, toss them in a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until golden.