Basil and bocconcini chicken
1 cup(s), leaves, coarsley chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
800 g, Kent variety, cut into 8 wedges
skinless chicken breast
600 g, (Buy 2 x 300g)
120 g, baby variety, sliced
½ cup(s), (125ml)
1 tbs, toasted (see tips)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Combine basil, garlic and parmesan in a bowl.
- Place pumpkin in a 22cm x 30cm baking dish. Drizzle with half the oil.
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Working with 1 at a time, place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound gently with a rolling pin or meat mallet until 1cm thick. Top each chicken piece with one-quarter of both the basil mixture and bocconcini. Roll to enclose filling. Tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Place chicken on pumpkin in dish. Add ¼ cup (60ml) water to frying pan and bring to the boil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and pumpkin is tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thickly slicing chicken.
- Add stock to hot baking dish and stir to heat through. Sprinkle pumpkin with pine nuts and drizzle chicken with stock mixture to serve.