Balsamic pork with roast orange and Brussels sprouts
500 g, halved
2 small, peeled, cut into 1cm thick slices
freshly squeezed orange juice
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
1 clove(s), crushed
Pork, medallion or loin steak, lean, raw
256 g, (Buy 4x80g steaks), fat trimmed)
salt reduced chicken stock
2 cup(s), (500ml)
1 cup(s), (250ml)
Instant yellow polenta
¾ cup(s), (125g)
1 tsp, leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place brussels sprouts and orange in a lined roasting pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, vinegar and garlic in a shallow dish. Add pork. Turn to coat.
- Bring stock and milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Remove pork from dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium. Rest for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add polenta to stock in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Divide polenta, pork, sprouts and orange among plates. Pour marinade into pan. Bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute. Pour over pork. Sprinkle with oregano.