Mushroom fettuccine carbonara
9 - 11
PersonalPoints™ per serving
90 g, (Buy 100g) fat trimmed, chopped
375 g, sliced
1 clove(s), finely chopped
200 g, fettucine
Frozen green peas
½ cup(s), (60g)
Grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 3 tsp olive oil in same pan. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until mushroom is tender. Transfer to bowl.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, adding peas in last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs into bowl. Whisk until well combined. Use a spiraliser to prepare zucchini. Add to bowl.
- Drain pasta and add immediately to egg mixture. Using 2 dessert spoons, toss mixture, working quickly until well combined and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls. Top with parmesan.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed salad leaves, tomato and cucumber. TIP: A spiraliser turns zucchini into spaghetti. You can buy one from our online shop. If you don’t have one, use a vegetable peeler to peel zucchini into ribbons and add to pasta in the last minute of cooking.