Vegetarian BLT salad
1% low-fat milk
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
⅛ tsp(s), freshly ground, or to taste
2 cup(s), cut into chunks
¼ cup(s), thinly sliced
Uncooked vegetarian bacon
1 medium, chopped
1 cup(s), chopped, roughly torn
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended and smooth.
- Add tomatoes and scallions to bowl; toss to mix and coat. Let stand 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, for tomato juices to mix into dressing.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions.
- Add avocado to bowl; toss gently to mix and coat.
- Put 2 cups lettuce onto each of 4 plates and top each with a heaping 1/2 cup of tomato mixture; spoon any dressing left in bowl evenly over salads. Crumble 1 1/2 veggie bacon strips over each salad; serve.
- Yields 1 salad per serving.