Turkey meatball sandwich
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp(s), divided
1 cup(s), roughly chopped
2 clove(s), medium, minced
1 medium, chopped
Canned tomato puree
½ cup(s), leaves
WW Bread Multigrain sandwich thins
6 thin, toasted
Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, red chili flakes, oregano, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and one clove of garlic. Combine well and with your hands and form into 18 1 oz meatballs, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare the tomato sauce. In a medium stock pot, heat 1 tsp of olive oil. Sauté 1 clove of garlic,, with 1 tsp red chili flakes and chopped onion for 2-3 minutes on low. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the tomato passata, salt, pepper and torn basil leaves and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes has elapsed remove meatballs from the oven, add them to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Toast the sandwich thins in the oven or a toaster. For each sandwich, use 3 meatballs and top with 2 oz of mozzarella cheese and arugula.