The Big Easy Bean and Veggie Burrito
1 small, chopped
Frozen mixed vegetables
½ package(s), thawed
1 Tbsp, chopped or 1 tsp dried cilantro
Fat free no sugar canned refried beans
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Fat free flour tortilla(s)
8 oz, about 4 burrito-size tortillas
Fat free salsa
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet until it sizzles.
- Stir-fry onions, mixed vegetables and cilantro until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of refried beans in middle of each tortilla. Sprinkle grated cheese over beans, then top with about 1/4 cup of the cooked vegetables.
- Fold over each end of the burrito, then fold one side to the centre over the filling; then fold up the other side (like an envelope).
- Place one burrito on a plate and microwave at full power until cheese melts and beans are warm, about 2 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes to cook four burritos at once.
- Top each burrito with 2 tablespoons salsa and serve.