Tex Mex–Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Uncooked spaghetti squash
Canned low sodium black beans
½ cup(s), rinsed and drained
Sweet red pepper(s)
⅓ cup(s), finely chopped
Skinless rotisserie chicken breast
3 oz, shredded
Fat free salsa
6 tbsp(s), divided
Low fat cheddar or colby cheese
6 tbsp(s), shredded, divided
½ medium, sliced or chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a small sheet pan with foil.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard the seeds and membranes. Coat the cut sides of the squash with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the squash halves cut side down on the prepared pan. Roast at 425°F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the beans, red pepper, chicken, ¼ cup salsa, and 2 tbsp cheese. Remove the squash from the oven (leave the oven on). Turn the squash halves over, cut side up. Divide the chicken mixture evenly between the squash halves. Sprinkle the remaining 4 tbsp cheese on top.
- Return the squash to the oven. Roast until the squash is tender and the cheese is bubbly and browned, about 20 minutes. Top the squash halves with avocado and the remaining 2 tbsp salsa.
- Serving size: 1 stuffed squash half