Swiss Chard with Raisins and Almonds
⅓ cup(s), chopped
uncooked Swiss chard
2 pound(s), ), fresh, ends trimmed, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch wide pieces
golden seedless raisins
2 tbsp(s), chopped
½ tsp(s), or to taste
crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
red wine vinegar
- Set a large nonstick pot over medium heat. When hot, toast almonds, stirring often, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes; remove from pan, chop and set aside.
- Heat oil in same pot over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard to pot and increase heat to high; cook, tossing, until chard wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Add raisins, water, salt and crushed red pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until chard is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with toasted almonds. Yields about 3/4 cup of Swiss chard and 1 1/2 teaspoons of almonds per serving.