Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sun-dried tomatoes (without oil)
2 tbsp(s), minced
Soft-type goat cheese
1 tsp(s), chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4 oz breasts
⅛ tsp(s), or to taste
⅛ pinch, or to taste
1 cup(s), dry, white
Fat free chicken broth
Canned tomato paste
1 tbsp(s), chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and thyme.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and warm over high heat. Add chicken and brown well. Remove and set aside.
- Add white wine to pan and boil until almost all evapourated.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons chicken broth until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture, remaining chicken broth and tomato paste into white wine.
- Return chicken breasts to pan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Baste occasionally with sauce.