Spicy lentil & chickpea soup
1 medium, roughly chopped
250 gm, rinsed under cold running water, red variety
2¼ cup(s), drained and rinsed, cooked
1½ tbsp(s), Bart variety
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 tsp(s), level
Vegetable bouillon cube
2 cube(s), to make 1.5 liters stock
- Heat the oil in a medium pan set over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 6-8 minutes until just starting to soften. Stir in the cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and stir to combine, then pour in the stock. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to blitz to a thick soup.
- Return the pan to the heat, stir in the chickpeas and 1 tablespoon of the harissa paste, then simmer for 5 minutes until hot. Season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with the yogurt and the remaining harissa paste.