Spiced chicken sandwiches
WW Bread Multigrain sandwich thins
4 thin, lightly toasted
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 cup(s), chopped, thinly slivered, rinsed under cold running water
Fresh lime juice
6 tbsp(s), divided
3 tbsp(s), fresh, coarsely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
¾ tsp(s), divided, or to taste
2 tsp(s), extra virgin
Hot pepper sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), thin cutlets
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, 1/4 cup lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to mix. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until slightly wilted, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oil, hot sauce, cumin, oregano and garlic. Add chicken to bowl and turn to coat; let stand 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken (discard marinade) and cook, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- To make sandwiches, layer 1/4 of sliced chicken and then 1/4 of pickled onions on each roll bottom. Drizzle with any juices in bottom of bowl and then sprinkle with cilantro (optional); cover with thin tops. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.