Fresh baby spinach
1½ cup(s), chopped, chopped
6 clove(s), medium, finely chopped
½ cup(s), chopped
2 large, lightly beaten
Crumbled feta cheese
Frozen fillo dough
180 gm, (16 sheets; 14 by 9 inches each), thawed if frozen
1 tbsp(s), melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Gradually add half of spinach, tossing frequently with tongs, until wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Spread spinach out onto several layers of paper towels. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze spinach as dry as possible. Add spinach, dill, salt, black pepper, and eggs to pan and stir well to combine. Gently stir in feta.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface. Cover remaining sheets with towel to prevent drying out. Coat phyllo sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange sheet in prepared baking dish so long side of phyllo covers bottom of dish and goes up left side of dish. Place second sheet on work surface, coat with nonstick spray, and arrange so long side of phyllo covers bottom of dish and goes up right side. Repeat with 6 more sheets, alternating left and right sides. Coat 1 more sheet (ninth sheet) and arrange in middle of dish. Spoon filling onto phyllo, spreading evenly. Fold any edges of phyllo over filling.
- Coat 3 phyllo sheets with nonstick spray and arrange into stack. Brush remaining 4 sheets with butter, stacking on top of previous 3 sheets. Arrange stack, buttered-side up, over filling. Cut through top layer of dough with sharp knife to form 8 rectangles. Bake at 375°F until phyllo is browned and crisp, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 piece