Southwest-Style Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
Cooked sweet potato
4 small, cooled and halved lengthwise
¾ tsp(s), divided
Canned low sodium black beans
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tsp(s), minced
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
1 medium, peeled, seeded, and mashed
Pico de gallo
2 tbsp(s), chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Scoop out the flesh from the potatoes, leaving a thin layer of flesh in the skins. (Reserve scooped-out flesh for another use.) Arrange the potato skins on the prepared pan. Coat both sides of the potato skins with cooking spray. Turn the skins cut side up; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and cumin. Bake until slightly crisp, about 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the beans and chipotle. Spoon 1 tbsp bean mixture into each potato skin; sprinkle each with 1 tbsp cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the avocado and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Top each potato skin with 1 tbsp pico de gallo; divide the avocado evenly among the potato skins. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 potato skin